Éric Mangion is the director of Villa Arson center for art since 2006. He was previously the director of Frac Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur from 1993 to 2005, where he focused part of the collection on evolutive works. He is the curator and co-curator of countless exhibitions, including Self in Material Conscience at the Sandretto Foundation in Turin, 2002, Artur Barrio at the University of Philadelphia, 2006, Recommencer, Commencer de nouveau la peinture by Gérard Gasiorowski at the Carré d’art in Nîmes, 2010, and Modules (Thomas Teurlai, Vivien Roubaud and Tatiana Wolska) at Palais de Tokyo, 2014. He was the artistic director of the Printemps de septembre festival in 2010 (Une forme pour toute action) and an artistic advisor for Festival Live in Vancouver, 2011. Since 2017, he has chaired the Actoral festival (Marseille) and is preparing an exhibition with Pauline Curnier Jardin and Marie Losier at the Fondation d’entreprise Ricard (Paris) for 2019. As an art critic he has contributed to numerous magazines including Artpress, and he was artistic director of the review Fresh Théorie III in 2007.
Luc Clément acquired extensive experience in communication at major groups (Havas, Publicis) and independent structures before forming his own agency in Nice. An expert in brand name history, he possesses solid skills in the world of creation. In 2001, he founded ‘Le Dojo’, an experimental contemporary art space where he collaborated with numerous artists and musicians on in situ projects, throwing bridges and prompting interactions between the artistic sphere and private business. These collaborations put the spotlight on various original artists such as Céleste Boursier Mougenot, Matthieu Mercier, Nicolas Moulin, Vincent Epplay and, in association with Arnaud Maguet, performances by Jac Berrocal, Xavier Boussiron, Lee Ranaldo, Aki Onda and many more. He is now Associate Editor and Head of Publication for the magazines Marie Claire and Marie Claire Maison Méditerranée.
Association under the law of 1901
• President: Luc Clément, Editor and Director of “Le Dojo”
• Vice-president: Vanina Andreani, Head of Publication “Frac Pays de la Loire”
• Treasurer: Eric Mangion, Director of the “Villa Arson” Arts Centre
• Secretary: Jean-Yves Jouannais, Writer and founder of the “Encyclopédie des Guerres”
• Vice-Secretary: Damaris Bentz, Bookseller
• Head of publication: Luc Clément
• Chief Editor: Eric Mangion
• Editor: Frédéric Maria
• Translation: Claire Bernstein, Stéphane Corcoral, Matthew Cunningham, Maya Dalinski, Emmelene Landon, Claire Le Breton
• Contributors, February, 28, 2019: Vanina Andreani, Gabrielle Arnault, Bruce Bégout, Virginie Bobin, Luc Boltanski, Adrien Blouët, Max Cegielski, Alexis Cicciù, Luc Clément, Tyler Coburn, Anna Colin, DeYi Studio, disnovation.org, Arnaud Esquerre, Jean-Baptiste Ganne, Raphaëlle Giangreco, Charlotte Groult, Hélène Guenin, Joana Hadjithomas et Khalil Joreige, Christophe Kihm, Arnaud Labelle-Rojoux, Déborah Laks, Sophie Lapalu, Franck Leibovici, Kim Levin, Shiyan Li, Eric Loret, Arnaud Maguet, Eric Mangion, Luba Michailova, Catherine Millet, Nathalie Moureau, Rosemary O’Neill, Sasha Pevak, Valérie Pihet, Armelle Pradalier, Olivier Quintyn, Bénédicte Ramade, Camille Richert, Isabelle Rodriguez, Mathilde Roman, Yang Wang, Julien Zerbone, Estelle Zhong Mengual.
– Luc Clément
– Raphaëlle Giangreco
– Arnaud Maguet
– Eric Mangion
– Frédéric Maria
– Nicolas Vaquier
• Coordination and graphic design: Julie Hiet
• Community management: Nicolas Vaquier
• Visual identity: Régis Rocca, Outremer
• Web master: Jérémy Marchandeau, Tiger & June